Your profits are walking out the door – literally. Every time you lose an employee, all the money that you have invested in that employee walks out the door at the same time. To add insult to injury, a new employee must start the learning process at the very bottom of the quality and productivity curves. This profoundly impacts your business, causing you and your remaining employee’s needless suffering.
More importantly, your customers suffer with you. They get inaccurate information when they call, they may wait in longer lines and they receive a lower quality of service then they would receive from a seasoned employee. They share the cost of less than fully productive employees each time they make a purchase or receive a service. Remember your employees will either make or break your business.
The retention of valued employees and employee turnover continue to be a major problem for the majority of U.S. employers. The average turnover rate is hovering around 15%. The costs associated with that turnover rate for employers, has been high. Thus, clearly finding ways to attract, motivate and retain high quality staff can be a boost to any organization. The job market is very competitive and the labor pool is shrinking, in many disciplines. Employers are more frequently vying for the same candidates. While most businesses are concerned about the labor market and turnover, few fully recognize the extent to which they can control the turnover of their workforce. Nothing could be further from the truth!
At New Focus HR we recognize that your people are your most valuable resource. In today’s business world, your challenge is to optimize the balance between employee performance and cost containment. We understand this balance and have tools available to help you reach your business objectives through attracting, motivating and retaining high performing employees. One of the avenues that we use to obtain success is our complete line of Profiles International assessment products.
We have partnered with Profiles International to offer the Profiles on the Web (POTW) online assessment system allowing us to offer a wide venue of online assessments to meet the diversified needs companies have in today’s fast paced business world. The POTW system is an internet based assessment system available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
Profiles International assessment products include:
- Step One Survey II – is strictly a pre-hire tool that empowers hiring executives by providing essential information that helps to identify reliable job candidates with integrity and work ethic who are drug free. Using a structured interview process and an attitude assessment, the Step One Survey II is how companies protect themselves from theft of money, property, time and other assets.
- Profile XT – is a multi-purpose “total person” assessment that provides important information on thinking style, behavioral characteristics and occupational interests on current employees or candidates and is used for selection, coaching, training, promotion, managing, and succession planning. The Profile XT predicts job suitability and accurately matches people with the work they do, allowing you to identify and place top performers in each position making it a powerful and dynamic management tool researched, designed, and developed to be job related.
- The Profile XT Sales – is also available to assist sales leaders in identifying, developing and retaining people with an innate talent for selling. The Profile XT Sales enables leaders to accurately predict success in a given sales position, develop strategic succession planning, and implement employment/redeployment programs. This tool allows leaders and organizations to effectively drive sales, increase employee satisfaction and leverage top performers to increase market penetration.
- Profiles Workforce Compatibility – is a tool for measuring the compatibility between a manager (executive, director, supervisor, team leader) and their employees. Productive working relationships are created when you know more about your similarities and differences. You and your employee benefit by a better understanding of how you can work together to realize both your individual and cumulative potential. This Workforce Compatibility Report consists of a profiles summary, characteristic comparisons, working together and next steps.
- Profiles Sales Indicator – is an excellent tool for identifying people with the attributes for success in sales careers and helps you to build a more productive sales force by measuring, five key qualities of successful salespeople and predicting performance in seven critical sales behaviors. By using the Profiles Sales Indicator you’ll be able to recruit high achievers who will break goals, increase market share, and drive profits higher in order to build and develop a sales organization that can result in record-breaking productivity, retention of top performers, and exceptional profitability.
- Customer Service Profile – measures the competencies and six key behavioral traits as well as basic proficiencies in vocabulary and mathematics that are important and foster great customer service and helps to identify candidates with superior customer service skills as well as train and coach existing employees to great success. In addition, the reports show an individual’s perspective on serving the customer and how it aligns with your company’s perspective on providing customer service with the perspective typically found for those in your industry. Recognizing that distinct industries have specific customer service values, the Customer Service Profile is also available as a custom product for healthcare, hospitality, financial and retail industries.
- Profiles Performance Indicator – is a leader’s guide for all managers and measures five individual characteristics plus their impact on nine critically important aspects of success in business which provides managers with information that makes each employee more valuable and productive. This report helps managers understand how an individual can be effectively understood, motivated and managed.
- Profiles Team Analysis – outlines team members’ characteristics compared to the team leader. This gives the team leader insight in to the role he or she must play to keep team members focused and to achieve team objectives. Effective teams achieve results far beyond what individuals could accomplish on their own. But team building is far more than putting a group of people together and hoping for the best. The team analysis report reveals the attributes of each team member, showing team strengths and potential problem areas.
- CheckPoint 360 – is a multi-rater feedback process that allows managers, supervisors, and others in leadership positions to compare the opinions of others with their own perceptions, positively identify their strengths and pinpoint areas needing improvement. Managers receive feedback from the full circle of people with whom they interact and the report explains how to improve training, management techniques, and communication for greater success. The CheckPoint 360 is a powerful professional development tool that positively impacts an individual’s growth and career, and an organization’s success.
Even though we have a high unemployment rate in the U.S. today, millions of jobs are remaining unfilled. That number could reach 20 or 30 million in the next several years as our needs continue to grow, baby boomers exit the workforce and a qualified labor force diminishes. If turnover is a problem now, it will be increasingly problematic over time. Companies must develop turnover reduction strategies if they expect to prosper. Having the “right” tools to assist with attracting, motivating and retaining high performing employees is the answer for most organizations.
New Focus HR designs practical solutions that meet your needs and exceed your expectations while keeping your budget balanced. We truly feel that the POTW online assessment system will be quite appealing due to the flexibility, ease of administering the assessments and instant access to results. You can be assured that the POTW system will be a great investment that will pay huge dividends and add dollars to your bottom line. The connection is clear – less turnover equals more money!
To learn more about our HR consulting and training services, please visit our website at www.newfocushr.com or contact us at (317) 445-4163.
Written By: Kristen Shingleton, M.B.A., CCP
President, New Focus HR LLC