If you are an employer who employs over 50 employees who work at a location within a 75 mile radius of your headquarters, you know that you must comply with the guidelines of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA). While the FMLA does not require employers to utilize the DOL forms, many employers do, as it is a good idea to make sure from a legal perspective that all of the correct information is being obtained from the employee, health care provider, etc. If you have been utilizing the Department of Labor’s FMLA forms, look in the top right corner to see the expiration date (it is directly below the OMB Control Number). Have the forms that you have been using expired? If so, use the links below to download the new forms with an expiration date of May 31, 2018.
- Certification of Health Care Provider for Employee’s Serious Health Condition http://www.dol.gov/whd/forms/WH-380-E.pdf
- Certification of Health Care Provider for Family Member’s Serious Health Condition
- Notice of Eligibility and Rights & Responsibilities
- Designation Notice
- Certification of Qualifying Exigency for Military Family Leave
- Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of Covered Servicemember – for Military Family Leave
- Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of a Veteran for Military Caregiver Leave http://www.dol.gov/whd/forms/wh385V.pdf
If you have additional questions about the FMLA, forms, etc. please don’t hesitate to contact us at www.newfocushr.com.
Written by: Kristen Deutsch, M.B.A., CCP